Monday, December 18, 2006

Extending

My experience also extends into the nonprofit sector, particularly in fundraising, public relations and membership cultivation. I’m the president of the Cornell Club of Vermont. Though this is a volunteer position, I treat it as a professional role. I’m responsible for membership, events planning and grant applications as well as duties as spokeswoman. This year we have increased our membership by 10%, successfully applied for a grant to host a large membership benefit event, and we’re taking our first steps toward developing a scholarship campaign.

While an undergraduate at Cornell, I was the Publicity Manager for two performing arts organizations: the Cornell University Chorus and After Eight, an all-female a cappella ensemble. In these positions, I was responsible for design and manufacture of all promotional materials, from the initial creative impulse to taking the finished product to the print shop. Design was not the only aspect to this role: I was also responsible for placing press releases with print, radio and television. Working on publicity was particularly rewarding on two very special projects: a benefit concert with Samite of Uganda and the Chorus' 2005 trip to Italy (where I had to work with press contacts in Italy).

1 comment:

edson_dias said...

this picture is awesome.